How to choose the right desk chair?
Buying a desk chair for your office or conference room is not that simple as it seems to be.
Before you buy a desk chair, you have to answer some questions like:
- Where is it going to be used (office, conference room, lobby, hotel … )
- How often will be used (full time, for clients, just for decor...)
- Does it match the décor (should be extravagant, luxurious or just practical?)
- What color?
- Which material?
If you are choosing an office chair that should be used daily by your employee first thing you should think about is ergonomy.
Don’t forget that a happy worker is a good worker.
Sitting is a position that adds stress to the structures in the spine. That's why it's essential to have an ergonomic desk chair.
When you are buying a desk chair you should pay attention to those things:
- adjustable backrest that follows the shape of the spine
- adjustable headrest
- flexible, comfortable armrests
- comfortable seat pan, wide enough and with an even weight distribution
- possibility to adjust the seat height
- ability to swivel
- A 5-pedestal base chair will be stable enough but also mobile
- high-density padding